My Photo
Name:
Location: Accra, Ghana

Friday, April 28, 2006

DORIS DERY

EXPERIENCE

Learning among a group of other journalist from various media houses from all over the country, I came to a new beginning: to publish on the blog. For me, this is a new way to document my daily experience in life. My work as a broadcast journalist comes with a lot of challenges and indeed, a lot of wonderful experiences. I meet people with very interesting things to share, and unfortunately, many times, I’m not able to document these events. With the blog, this is my first documentation, 14hours after I singed in as a blogger.
Thanks to penplusbytes for taking the initiative to organize to train a cross session of journalist from the country. The training has not only given me a new opportunity to document experiences that I will have in my life, but a chance to appreciate the power of ICT. When I learn, I can forget, when I practice I can remember, and when I remember, I can implement and cause a change. This is how ICT has proven to be to me. The fact that, it’s not a talk, talk only medium, but incorporates all others, makes it a dynamic source for change. Indeed, Ghana’s identification of ICT for accelerated development is timely. From a rural background, I want to challenge my region to pursue the cause by training more people to use ICT.
I must mention that, the best part of the training is the discovery of new things about ICT. I learnt to create and use the blog, port casting and content management. I learnt a lot about the challenges that some of my mates encounter in content management. The higher the advancement in ICT, the more challenges we should prepare to address.
I have met new people and hope to keep corresponding with them so that the next meeting will be another sharing moment to document.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

DOri, Doris!!

Well done! Emmanuel, from TWN-Africa, here!! I hope you have a safe journey down to Wa. We are currently talking about Yahoo Messenger, and I will try to relay, with pictures, how it goes. Good luck!!

4:14 AM  
Blogger AZ Yirideme said...

Hi Doris!
It's been quite a while. Hope you're doing fine. I'm glad to have discovered you blog. well done, and keep up the good work.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home